I am finishing a bare 22 panga hull i purchased new from Panga Marine in Sarasota and would like to fish near my home in Clearwater.  I like to catch founder, grouper, snapper (really anything that tastes great).  

I expect to launch the boat in late January or February.  

I have a Furuno GPS/Chartplotter and would like to buy the numbers for known public fishing spots to help me get around initially.

Does anyone know a good ramp that would be close to Hurricane Pass?

THANKS

Welcome to TOF.  I believe the closest ramp is Dunedin Marina.  There's only one ramp but it's usually not very crowded except summer weekends.  There's a charge but I forget how much. lol  Tight lines!  :)

Here are some links to sites that list the GPS coordinates for numerous reefs and wrecks off Pinellas County 

http://www.floridagofishing.com/reefs/cw-reefs-pinellas-county.html

http://www.pinellascounty.org/reef/GPS.htm

http://myfwc.com/media/131585/reefs.pdf

That last one lists nearly every artificial reef in the state.  There are some great ones right off the beach south of Clearwater.  The mackerel were thick on them this summer.  Good luck!

Read the post about the Seminars at Fishing Outfitters. You want to meet Captain Dave but you especially want to meet Vance Tice and his partner Captain Charley. They are about to get a reef permit so you can learn everything from catching grouper in skinny water to fishing the rock ledges. They specialize in educational trips where they are more interested in teaching than they are in hauling fish from the bottom - although they sure do a lot of that.

You will learn more from spending one day with Vance tice than you'll learn even from people like me or Captain Dave. And between us (we believe) we know more than any living men. It's not true, but we love to live in a state of bliss.

And welcome to a very cool - very very cool - community. There is a lot more here than fish - but they're in abundance.

poyssick

Hello there welcome to the forum.I would suggest that you go to Tarpon Fishing Outfitters on Hwy 19 and pick up a Top Spot map for the Gulf of Mexico.It has hundreds of gps numbers up and down the coast for many well known areas that are close in all the way out to the middle grounds.Then use these spots as a reference point to look for your on numbers by trolling or just running and looking for ledges,rock piles,hard bottom and wrecks.You really need to learn your electronics well and you will be amazed at what you can find on your own.You need to split your screen and 2x zoom your sonar side.Always be watching your unit while running from spot to spot.You will find that fishing Clearwater south to off Anna Maria you will find much more structure and artificial reefs than you will fishing north of Clearwater.You also need to learn the St. Joseph sound area up the inter coastal channel North and South of Dunedin causeway.The spoil islands on both sides of the channel are great in the winter for trout and reds and along with the barrier islands are great in the spring and summer for snook.Good luck and tight lines.If you have more questions you can email me at [email protected] Vance Tice