Sign in to follow this  
miamimonio

Want To Get A Penn Reels...

I am considering to change my spinning reels, have done some resear on google, and found that most of the great spinning reels are made by penn, so I decided to get one from penn... but, there are so many types of reels from penn...I found a top reels review article on google which include several penn's reels in their top 10 list, after reading the reviews, I am now locked at PENN Spinfisher V andPenn Battle II... so if anyone want to sell one of these reels, please let me know... I would love to take it!

I only have one Penn spinning reel - Fierce.  I think it is ok for what I'm using for.  

I normally use conventional reels for heavier fish (saltwater).

You should also look into Shimano (they have lots of good gear).

I wade-fish in the ICW almost every day. Have done so for 6+ years. Sea Trout, Snook, Reds, Bluefish, Crevalle Jacks, Pompano, Flounder and Cobia are my targets. I started with Penn Pursuits. Not so good. Moved up to a Penn Fierce. Not bad, but the one I've got left I can't get at the main anti-reverse roller bearing, which is sieved up. SO the anti-reverse doesn't work.

SO, 4 years ago I got my first Penn Battle. FANTASTIC! I now have just ordered my 5th 2500 Battle ll. I keep 5 rods ready, all will now have Battles on them. The Spinfisher, I've heard, is a good reel. But, for me, it's a bit pricey.

FYI: I use 7' Ugly Stick Elites, 10-lb PowerPro Braid, 24" mono leader n 25 lb, and fish with Zara Spook, Jr., DOA CAL Shad Tail in white with an 1/8oz jig, and Mirrodyne Suspending Twitchbaits in Chartreuse. And I just got a 7' Ugly Stik Elite in Ultralight, using a 2500 Battle ll and 6-lb Braided Spyderwire. What a BLAST!

Good Luck!