Andrew S

Any oldtimers still on this forum?

Hey Andrew. We had issues with the Forums and just didn't get around to them. Although it took most of the year we're back :)

Talk to me if you wanna help us rebuild the old forums here.

Poyssick

I would love to help, but I'm living and fishing in Md. now. All I could do is post my FL. pictures and answer questions. here is my report for this morning. ------------------ Perch Fishing 7-31-19

I didn't reach my twenty perch limit this morning. I only caught fifteen perch and stopped fishing at 8:30. If I could only fish the beaches and docks in Delaware, I know I would catch some interesting fish, like flounder. I just know it. LOL! I also found a good cast net someone left at the shore line. If anyone lost a cast net just tell me where you lost it and come get it . Thanks!

7-31-19.JPG

7-31-19 (2).JPG

Are those White Perch???? I used to catch them with my Uncle Eddie in NJ many many years ago. I can still remember the bobbers going under. I also remember some really epic days. It used to be so cold I would go to my uncle's station wagon to warm up. Here I do that when it's 60F.

poyssick

LOL! Yes they are white perch. After going to FL. for 30 years and living in Venice FL. for 15 years and catching most of the FL. fish, all I have now to catch are perch, crappie, bass, pickerel, and striper . I really miss FL. beach fishing and here is why.

Beach Flounder DOA Shrimp.jpg

11 beach flounder day.jpg

White perch. They sure eat well. The memories of me fishing with my Uncle Eddie are so close now and so warm it's a beautiful thing.

It's hard to beat Florida. But at least you can vote in both places and at least zero out one Jerseyite that does it here.

:)

On 3/31/2019 at 3:32 PM, linesider said:

Hi andy. I was here when gary 1st started it up

I remember you linesider,. Your reports and pictures were really good. You were one of the best. Thanks!

On 7/31/2019 at 10:17 AM, Publisher said:

Hey Andrew. We had issues with the Forums and just didn't get around to them. Although it took most of the year we're back :)

Talk to me if you wanna help us rebuild the old forums here.

Poyssick

I am talking, but all I hear is crickets.

!cid_85C5B7F53D194545AD0E7EB6FB9C2A52@Schoener.jpg

Me :) Tell people to come here. Forums lost popularity but they have advantages over FB. I love FB but forums are still more permanent. We just started paying attention to these again. We can use help.

3 hours ago, Publisher said:

Me :) Tell people to come here. Forums lost popularity but they have advantages over FB. I love FB but forums are still more permanent. We just started paying attention to these again. We can use help.-------------I live and fish on the Eastern Shore of Md. now. I can only help with My FL. fish pictures, and some FL. fishing tips if ask. Maybe I can help a little some how.

On 3/31/2019 at 3:32 PM, linesider said:

Hi andy. I was here when gary 1st started it up

I remember you. I read your reports with pictures of deep sea fishing for years. I think your name is Bob. right? I was known on this fishing form as Andy the flounder man. You probably don't remember me.

Flounder Man (2).JPG

Flounder Man.JPG

Sir, my reply was also intended as a joke. Sorry if it offended in any way. I went back and changed it. 

Remember this?                     Courtney Campbell Causeway

kju_zps0farogfa.jpg

Caught a lot of Reds, trout, and blue crabs wading out on the miles of grass flats off the causeway.  

ppppp_zpsoxhqgbuu.jpg

Then we would come back to our little hut and cook them on the grill that was provided. 

When not fishing it was time for:

mullet%20inn_zpsdi1qs6je.jpg

Never did figure out if I liked the smoked mullet or shrimp better. I remember the shrimp were served in a paper bag.  Both were fantastic. Mullet Inn had a huge smoke house. They would smoke our King Fish for us for .25 cents a pound.  

Why pay $1:00 for our Reds & Trout bait?  We easily caught our own shrimp on the shallow grass flats. Those numerous  two foot deep patches of grass were loaded with big shrimp. 

Guys & Gals, I remember things about the Tampa Bay area of yesteryear few can even dream about today.

Remember this?

pon_zpsnbz4s73c.jpg

I do!

Lived within 10 miles of the Jesuit High School area my entire life. Graduated from Jesuit in 1961, and then the University of Tampa.

pppooo_zpscq1sv5iw.jpg

I still attend Jesuit football games. What a thrill parking in the same spot I parked in over 50 years ago:

oool_zpssxfry1yc.jpg

One big difference, back then we had all boy cheerleaders. Now that's a 'cute' change.

Would love to talk to anyone who remembers Tampa from years ago. 

My E. Mail address:

[email protected]

Bob, I am sorry. I didn't know you were joking. Well we got too jokes, yours and mine. That is a great post of old time FL. You are lucky to be borne in FL. and live there all your life. Thanks for straighten me out.

I missed the gathering last week. If we wanna start these forums again a few of you have to help us manage it and dump stuff from trolls selling Setups with young Russian girls. And if you do, you can start talking it up on Facebook. They won't let a lot of the stuff be on your main pages butt Private Messaging the fact that we are running the forums will work.

Very glad to see this forum up & running again. Will post pictures & story of all my future fishing & hunting trips. 

Hopefully many will do the same.

"Well we got too jokes, yours and mine. You are lucky to be borne in FL. and live there all your life"

I feel so very fortunate. To me sharing with gentlemen like you is payback for living a lifetime in Paradise. 

Some more pictures:

Remember these?  At one time they were all over Tampa.  Loved them!

1_zpseac8skbw.jpg

Started my Middle Grounds fishing on the Florida Fisherman l with the man himself, Captain Wilson Hubbard, as Captain:

2_zpsoq7ebeao.jpg

To me fishing & hunting were family affairs. My Mother & Brother are gone now. That's me in he middle:

3_zpsqlduhndl.jpg

Remember these?  I sold hamburger ground beef to them for ten years when I was a salesman for Tarnow meat company:

4_zpsc41pbilu.jpg

Tarnow hamburger & sausage were the best of the best. The only better sausage was what I made and smoked myself from wild boars I had harvested:

5_zps1ui4dizx.jpg

No sausage could come close to competing with that Bob sausage. My sausage was featured in Woods'nWater Magazine:

6_zpsmljwyixk.jpg

"Hopefully many will do the same"   Help me guys. Let's make this the best forum on the Internet

Strongly suggest adding a PREVIEW capability. 

Very interesting Bob. Thanks! I remember all your deep water fishing trips. Didn't you get your start on the Capt.Mel fishing forum? Did you know there is an OLD Capt .Mel sight. I read and post on that fishing site now and then. Capt.Mel--Mister Sheepshead Dave hack and Me at a tournament/picnic . We had good time on the Capt.Mel fishing site. It was the best when Capt.Mel was alive.

Capt.Mel-Mister Sheepshead and Me..jpg