Sign in to follow this  
Andrew S

My FL. Friends

On 8/7/2019 at 2:39 PM, pjtaft said:

color don't matter as long as it's not empty!!

It was all in fun. I was hoping some of my old friends would see this. Here is two old friends that won't see this. Capt.Mel, Mr Sheepshead, and me. They were good times. You should have been there. Thanks!

375777_10151204978678011_555261073_n.jpg

Sorry all your friends are gone... I lived in FL a long time ago, maybe we fished together?  was in St. Pete, now in Calif. West coast fishing.. But check in every now an then with the FL fishing.. Looks like you do well - what area are you fishing?

On 9/12/2019 at 2:57 PM, onecooltuna said:

Sorry all your friends are gone... I lived in FL a long time ago, maybe we fished together?  was in St. Pete, now in Calif. West coast fishing.. But check in every now an then with the FL fishing.. Looks like you do well - what area are you fishing?

We are not in FL. anymore. Moved to the Eastern Shore of Md. about three years ago. I lived and fished in Venice FL. My fishing area was SW FL. Do you miss FL.? I really miss living in Venice FL. Thanks!

Born in Tampa, Florida, 1941.  Been fishing & hunting in the Sunshine State ever since the late forties. 

Still going strong.  Well...Not as strong, but still going. 

1_zpskoyw3veb.jpg

In the past I have contributed a great deal to this form.  Still going strong! 

Nice piggie. You're an old guy :)  I was born in 1952. Don't have the leg strength I had at 30 but am still alive and waking up. And passionate about being alive and being an American. Welcome.

I'm turning 60 very soon, I suppose that makes me "oldish". But working and playing harder than many has caught up with me and forced me against my will into early retirement. Due to physical limitations I can't walk to those waaaaay out of the way places (over a mile) that nobody goes to fish. Trust me, those fish behave as though they've never seen a lure either. It used to be easy packing out 10+lbs of fish on a Saturday. Wish those days weren't gone and I'm still trying to get things improved where I can walk that far and be able to walk back. So far if I can make it 100 yards and walk back I'm having a good day. So I'm pretty much limited to beaches and drive up opportunities. If I didn't have to sell the boat and Hobie Kayak to stay afloat for a time, I'd be able fish as much as I want now. If I could afford even a used ATV I could go to my past haunts and do the type of fishing I enjoy the most. 

But I'm not going to surrender hope just yet. Yes I feel old due to the physical circumstances, but I feel middle age-ish inside. I've recently seen a Dr who actually gave me a glimmer of hope for improvement as far as the feet are concerned. The problem won't ever go away, but if things improve I just "HOPE" I can pull off a mile walk again, rest up while fishing and make it back. This vet doesn't give up so easily. 

But here's to you oldish pups still going strong (drink up me heartys yo ho) 

"I'm turning 60 very soon"  Heck, you are still a kid. My daughter is almost that young. 

"Nice piggie"   Thanks!  Still trying to top this one. Have harvested many in the 200-225 range. But this is the biggest to date. One of these days I will let that 300 pounder know who the boss is:

23_zpsvyblbhaa.jpg

"You're an old guy"  It's often been said you are only as old as you feel...  I'm 150. "But I'm not going to surrender hope just yet."

"passionate about being alive and being an American." 

Tell me about it!   Being an American and a "live" Florida naive makes it the best of both words. 

But there is a 'little' problem... Looks like some could be jealous of us:

ooo_zpszgwfd9ie.jpg

p_zpsryemhqkv.jpg

"But here's to you oldish pups still going strong" 

Can't do the things we once did. But we are going to keep doing what we can for as long as we can. 

pooik_zpsukij6zku.jpg