AnglingSpiders

What's in your tackle box?

Hope this finds all of you healthy and safe. We are a couple of weeks away from the kayak season here in Canada, so I spent some time over Easter cleaning up my tackle box. Decided to add it to our video series including a new giveaway for some lures. As primarily pike fisherman, we tend to focus on spoons, but would love to hear what others use with great success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV0kfE4N...KHJ4AaABAg

In the lakes I fish that have northern pike and/or pickerel, one of my best lures is a large willow leaf spinnerbait - sometimes tandem sometimes just one. Skirt color is bright: chartreuse or white, soft plastic trailers optional.

A Zara Spook has gotten big fish early or late in the day and on cloudy days. Large 4" Crocodile Spoons with their erratic action and flash have done well along with large soft plastics such as large swimbaits and plastic worms with wide action tails. 

Never been too keen catching pike due to the row of sharp teeth, a pain - literally - when unhooking a lure that got hooked deep. One hell of a fight no argument there !